Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bare

I texted God on Friday, with the knowledge that it would never digitally get through, and it left me scant choice in finding verbose means to properly present to Him everything in my life that warranted address. I'm never good at finding the right words to say 99% of the time and for that, even while I meticulously planned out what I'd wanted to type to the greatest king in eternity, a part of me felt that I would fail to express my all to Him in short, terse sentences. Word by word I wrote, and it slowly occurred to me just how effortlessly free it felt to be putting together simple strings of expressions without worrying about how brief or incomplete my sentences seemingly appeared to look. All I had to do was lay down my sense of perfectionism and let my heart do all the talking. Let go, Natalie. And as I typed, I slowly did. -

Dear Daddy, I just want to come before You acknowledging Your greatness. It feels right calling You Daddy because I just feel that close to You and knowing that I'm a daughter-of-Christ makes me feel so privileged to be called one of Your own. Please accept this prayer of thanksgiving. I just want to thank You for all that You've done and are still doing in my life. Thank You for never failing me and for always being the ultimate pillar. Your Love keeps me alive, and that is all I need. Thank You so much, Daddy. For dying for me. For everything. I love You forever.

Simplicity of expression did wonders for me on that day, and moments later something in me buzzed...I felt as if I got a big, warm embrace from the king Himself as a confirmation of reply.

No comments: