Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Souvenir

What has entailed since the end of my 2nd year exams proved to be much more than just the customary routine of cleaning up my room and tidying whatever that was left of my messy, inconclusive mind. It's that time of the year again, whispers my clock. As much as I feel like winter had never left, the occasional peeks of sunshine prompts me to realise that the season may have actually completed its never-ending course, and that some significant chapters of the cold have duly reached their poignant ends. But it is that time of the year, and it is only timely that all my boxed stuff are packed away, plans for the summer slowly being drafted out, my heart re-organised, all encompassing the reality that I am a step closer to achieving what I'd been set out to aim for at this point in my life. Granted, I could spend the next hour reflecting on what I hope God has in store for me in anticipation of the next few months, but while the future can patiently wait, my thoughts rest on the fact that I'd been shown an incessant supply of grace throughout the moments leading up to the present. It's amazing what a month can do to you. For you. How God tailor makes what's best for you by placing specific people in your life for specific reasons. It honestly was a tough stretch wading through the strain of exams, but the burden felt much lighter with the support and encouragement I'd received along the way, and I can never be more thankful for the extra pillars I was given even while I was so undeserving of them.

The thought of home reaches out to me in an alarming fashion as it displays visages of familiarity that I will soon be embraced into in under a matter of hours. How is it that another year has gone by, just like that? But it isn't all that surprising when you're currently surrounded by the robustness of summer, and how the change in solstice can even motivate you to offer some spare coins to a person in need on the streets when you usually just tend to ignore such a situation. The reality is that most dynamics are bound to shift and we are to expect the undeniable progress of time itself. If there was one thing I've learnt from time, it would be that it allows us to do what we want with it - to bring us back nostalgically, ideally take us forward, or to freeze for an indefinite period - but it ultimately isn't something we can use to merely appease what we feel or how we want to feel, knowing that in the long run it may only be seen as an instrument to carry us along a feigned emotional odyssey that would not typically exist in an otherwise healthy perception of our timelines. What I've come to know is that the artificial pursuit of time is never wise, and it is never acceptable to abuse a delicate gift capable of transforming any palpable course in our rightful journeys...

It's been a year of fulfillment; one that truly provided the platform for keen challenges and great, heartfelt moments which I'm thankful for. But again with time, the more you chase after it, the less of it you receive. In a way I'm glad for how events have unfolded in their designated paths, and all that you're left waiting for is the prospect of basking in the carefree light of the sun, latching onto the hope of warmth, smiles, and love.

No comments: