Three months later, what have I discovered?
That time does heal, and if you surround yourself with the right people, your life reflects at you to be something so much more precious than you previously valued it.
Some circumstances present themselves as times of reconciliation, but if it isn't meant to be, it isn't meant to be.
Certain people will change - in the worst way - and being hurt by them is an inevitable process to regaining a stronger, bulletproof heart.
The fact that I had tried fixing a certain damage proved that I was doing something right, and should have no regrets whatsoever of.
I cherished the gift while I still had it. I thought of it and kept it close to my heart. The fact that I grew quiet did not in any way diminish its importance. But it got taken the wrong way, and it got driven on a path that led to its abrupt end.
To you, whom I still care about, I'm sorry you gave up. The plan was never intended to be laid out as such, but now that it has, it has reached a point where there isn't anything substantial I could do on my part to salvage it. You may have cancelled me out indefinitely but I don't see a reason for me to do the same. Whatever it is I wished that we'd both been honest with each other and I realized I am partly to blame for this fall out. I wished this all never happened, I wished there was a way around it to mend things back to what they were before, but then I realized again; that you were the one who initiated the goodbye.
So, three months later, what have I further discovered?
That the pursuit of something worthwhile does not end even while the fire's out. And that even while in darkness, you don't resort to fading in the scene.
No comments:
Post a Comment