Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Theory

I don't know which is worse; expectations or the lack thereof. It's been yet another crazy but fulfilling week, although it still disheartens me that I obtained an unexpectably low grade for one of my subjects in my assessments. Nevermind, I told myself. I still have time and I have many more mistakes to pick up on the way to where I'm headed to. Expect less the next time - chances of it growing more than you think might increase.

There is plenty on my mind right now; even the thought of having to spew every possible emotion seems to scare me. I've never thought that I'd think about my future this much. It never really came across my mind how fast people are progressing, and how soon I would have to make my own decisions, drive my own car and chase my own dream. By myself.

And then there is this uncertainty of giving up something that doesn't even belong to you. There is a silly thing called an infatuation, where it sometimes just gets the better of you no matter how hard you try to shrug the feeling away. Travails are but normal phases in life; everyone goes through them. Heck, I don't think I'm even going through an obstacle. I'm just making things worse for the sake of my own compassion.

It is officially the 6th month of the year. Whilst time does indicate that nothing is ever permanent, I would like to believe that I can be 17 my whole life and not get bored of it. Like I said, adulthood is already beginning to appear as near as daunting to me. It's irritating how time flies.

But it's amazing how it does as well.

Blessed June :)

No comments: