Friday, November 20, 2009

Spin

Taking some time off to say a thing or two about how my life has been ever since devoured by the immense demand of my most major school examination to date. Everything has been fine...and I'm only saying that because the optimist in me is refusing to let the other side have the upper hand. It's only been a couple of days but I have so many things to thank God for. I remember entering the exam hall for my BM paper with sweat popping out of my palms, clearly a cue for me to get nervous and worried about how I might not be able to finish the paper in time due to hyperhidrosis. But upon answering the questions, I could slowly feel my hands becoming drier by the minute, to the point where I could even chuck my ridiculous handkerchief aside because my hands were so sweat-free. God is really taking good care of me.

Recently, I received two letters from separate colleges offering me a place to study at both places. When I received the first letter I was actually numbed by the fact that I would be surrounded by many high achievers and that would be the greatest nightmare I could have. But having said that, competition is never bad, is it? Perhaps I could still survive in said environment. I'll officially be an Arts student after this, after all. I guess the decision is pretty clear now. Remember when I said my college-to-be requires female students to wear pumps and nothing else for shoes? Yeah, that's the one.

The next few weeks would be as challenging. For someone like me who isn't Science/Maths-inclined, I have to double up my effort as compared to most of my peers who already have it in them. Three weeks left and I can cook my own Christmas dinner! My mom even promised me a grocery-shopping trip in Bangsar's super refined Village Grocer for it. Excitement :D

No comments: