Friday, December 19, 2008

Bass

Listening to :
Take Back the City - Snow Patrol

I must admit, Gossip Girl has influenced a part of me to have a certain penchant for indie songs. Not that I express any dislike towards them, it's just that for the previous schooling months I've been lending my ears to mainstream stuff across radio waves. And this is always happening because I do not own an iPod, unlike others who can practically listen to it whenever they intend to.

So..! Here is a list of some of my favorite GG songs. And although some of them aren't that appealing on first hearing, this is because you might only like them due to reference to the series if you follow it. Anyway :

The General Specific - Band of Horses
Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
Beautiful World - Carolina Liar
Electric Feel - MGMT
Fell in Love Without You - Motion City Soundtrack
Reverse of Shade - The Windupdeads
Crash and Burn Girl - Robyn
Everytime - Lincoln Hawk
I Can Feel A Hot One - Manchester Orchestra
With Light There is Hope - Princess One Point Five
Tell Me A Lie - The Fratellis
Do You Wanna - The Kooks
White Diamonds - Friendly Fires
Shove It - Santogold ft. Spank Rock
Do The Panic - Phantom Planet
Rich Girls - The Virgins
One Week of Danger - The Virgins
Sour Cherry - The Kills
Closer - Kings of Leon
No New Tale to Tell - Love and Rocket
Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
Snowflakes - White Apple Tree

_______________________

Snippets of my birthday "do" in chronological order :






Adeline's portfolio picture in the coming years. You don't know how badly she wants a DSLR








A peek at the smorgasbord of sushi laid before the family at Umai-Ya


Something I thought I would never succumb to...'twas the first time I entered a place like Work in Progress at BSC and everything was so lively, an adjective that perfectly represents importance as I launch into the threshold of yet another age

So once again, thank you everyone who wished me in whatever way imaginable. And yes, I know my Facebook account is pretty much dead sans the fact that it's frequently updated with Word Challenge scores. Thank you all for the thoughtful gifts, and although I don't fancy the idea of recycling gifts, I appreciate the thought all the same. Ahem.

And for once, no longevity noodles for my birthday! I was seriously hoping that this birthday tradition would fade over time and I'm glad it did because hello, one big bowl of noodles can count up to 1892356921652938473 calories if you're as paranoid as I am.

_________________


Taken outside KLCC, alongside the company of geeks...kidding!

Mamma Mia! the musical tomorrow. With all the rave circling around it, I just hope that the matinee will be just as great as the night performances. Let's see if this one tops Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat off my list of broadway favorites.

No comments: