Thursday. That particular day of the week that makes me so fidgety, so impatient for the weekend to approach. Well, it's 8:27 on a fine Thursday morning and here I am, nestled within the comforts of my now very much familiar room, and blasting my earphones with the nostalgic tenor that is Chris Martin. Christmas lights, another fight, tears we cried, a flood; Got all kinds of poison in, of poison in my blood. It's something amazing, really, listening to such nostalgic words and actually being able to somehow relate to the reality of the song. Like some drunkard Elvis singing, I go singing out of tune; Singing how I always loved you darling, and I always will.
Buuuut, enough of melodic nostalgia. Enough of wanting to feel what I've already lost long ago. So here it goes, a list of recent happenings/thoughts that sums up my ever productive teenage life :
1. I made it to the semi-finals for a song co
mposition competition in my school.
Completely took me by surprise. I was hoping to get through but now that I have, the opportunity just doesn't seem right.
2. UCL broke my heart (at least for just one night).
This, however, did not take me by surprise. I could almost foresee it coming considering how horrid I did for my LNAT. Maybe it's the fact that I can no longer study my degree in London that made me a little disappointed. But it's all
good. God has everything under control. I'm still very much contented with my first choice uni, and I know somehow, He'll direct me along a path that is equally, if not more fruitful.
3. HIMYM has gotten me HOOKED.
It's refreshing to finally watch a comedy series that actually tickles the funny bone. +1 for Marshall's character!
4. I've been falling in and out of sensitivity.
Mostly out, though. It feels liberating to not dwell upon a situation for that long. I've tried it more than I've tried the former, and it honestly feels pretty good :) When I'd realised how some people can be so mean to you, the only thing you can do is accept the fact that you aren't as acceptable to them, and that's okay. They will somehow learn that they themselves aren't as acceptable to some people as they would like to be. Such is a harsh life.
5. I'm feeling extremely motivated.
Nowadays, and ever since I recovered from the week upon receiving my disastrous AS results, my study life has been active almost always. Never again am I falling into the kiasu trap of the geniuses around me! I might not be the brightest bulb in the room, but to me (and I thank God for my less demanding and stereotyped must-get-no-less-than-an-A parents), it's the work that ultimately counts.
6. I'm not prepared to lose the things I love.
It occurred to me that time is slowly yet surely stealing so many promises day by day. And it just seems to me that I would never come to terms with the fact that I will have to lose many moments I hold dear to me. It's all too precious to imagine.
7. It's been 7 years since I last talked to you.
And as much as it hurts me, I'd rather it stay that way. I'd rather not let our conversation end. I'd rather leave it hanging because someday I know it will continue. I'm pretty sure of that.
24/12/2010
30/12/2010
Oh Christmas lights, light up the street
Light up the fireworks in me
May all your troubles soon be gone
Those Christmas lights;
Keep shining on.
4 comments:
Whee! Keep up the productive spirit Nat! Trial's almost here! btw, screw UCL and LSE. we're better than that! >:)
yeah, high 5! let's kick some butt in trials :D
exactly what fox said! i've been feeling the insane urge to do nothing but study too, since AS results day. you're a Coldplay person too, Nat? :O
zhiyin says; yes i am a coldplay person :D:D
lol @ fox! yea grace, Coldplay is awesome :) and you'll be going to their alma mater! let's study!
Post a Comment