Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Warmth In Winter

So the 18th on the 18th was something that actually sounded pretty ceremonious, given the fact that I had the privilege to spend it in the company of my beloved ones in London. As it turned out, things did get ceremonious in a twist of fortune, as first thing in the morning my sister and I took the greatest number of wrong turns to the bus stand where it was supposed to take us to Stansted.

To complete the rhythm of the occasion, we were apologetically told that our flight to Munich was cancelled due to heavy snow and disruptive weather conditions. All of that while we were already seated in the plane...

And then, came the throngs of dissatisfied passengers in which we were slightly a part of, as we formed lines and lines of queues waiting to get refunded. It was as if the 3-and-a-half hour queue wasn't horrific enough when we had to join a train ticket queue which left our lips quivering and teeth chattering.

Ah.

As much as I hated going through the process of the ordeal, I have to admit that it was one of the most memorable birthdays I will remember. To be stuck in a queue for hours with no place to rest but on your suitcase, to squeeze into that tiny train door while avoiding getting nearly trampled by other flustered passengers, to stand in the awful cold that was swallowing my senses for hours on end...all of these were nothing short of great experiences to the traveler in me. And when we finally landed safe and sound on the slushy streets of Bishopsgate, we were just simply thankful that nothing else went wrong and that there still were reasons to be thankful for :)


Shepherd's Bush is welcoming


A very tired me straight upon the Stansted drama, getting hungry and having a really bad hair day


This was taken just a few hours ago at Hyde Park which looks absolutely stunning in winter, where I promised a few of my friends I would build a snowman on behalf of them...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


And here's the masterpiece! Is it awesome or is it awesome? Haha no I actually cheated :P It wasn't me who built it but some creative soul I saw before he scooted off with his bag of decorative tools. Still. Check out that leash!


One night after attending a carol service at St. Helens, I had the thrill of experiencing Brick Lane food!


Snow is both a friend and fiend


Had amazing Monmouth coffee near the London Bridge station. I'm frankly not a coffee lover but it did me a lot of good :)


At Konditor and Cook, where one of the most delectable cakes and mince pies are sold


The rushing about never seems to end


And it continues on in Liverpool St. Station


Queensway in a blur

It was an eventful 18th birthday. Although there was no cake, no noodles, no sun, I felt good. I felt ready to embark on a road where solving real world issues was becoming more and more realistic.

Ultimately, I felt His love. And that has made me complete as I already am.

4 comments:

Wen Shi said...

Hoi! Where's your chatbox? Glad you had a wonderful birthday! And UK looks so pretty in white!

natalie said...

not many people read my blog so i took it down! :P yeah it really is pretty. but melted snow is a chore to walk on...

zhiyin said...

HEY! I can see you enjoyed your trip! UK's beautiful and you look wonderful too although kononnya u had a bad hair day. ;)

natalie said...

yeah uk's beautiful! and thanks but i DID have a bad hair day...
anyways.
nice new dp!! and merry christmassssssss!