I got hit hard by a familiar, painful sensation tickling my throat this morning. Swallowing seemed extremely torturous while doing more of it seemed to make the irritation persist; within a second I could already guess what it was that returned from 2008 to scribble grotesque and nightmarish scenarios in the next new week of my life : throat ulcers.
>:(
Anyways.
I'm still in good (in fact, broader) shape albeit my mild tonsillitis. The fact that I got it this late in the year as it continues on in the new year, shows just how exciting beginnings can actually be.
Hopes for 2011! :
1. Get into that university.
2. To study hard and smart.
3. Tone up, slim down!
4. Pledge organs with parents' full approval.
5. To win something.
6. Care less.
7. Attend an indie gig.
8. Find another attachment to add to my unimpressive CV?
9. To be able to run around the rugby pavilion non-stop for 15 rounds.
10. Fully understand the New Testament.

2010 did let me down in many ways, but God did not. It dawned upon me that in praying, we eventually receive one out of the three definite answers : yes, no, wait. God chose to make me wait umpteen times, while I never completely comprehended the purpose of that call and proceeded to work hastily on my tasks with head-on expectations which failed to materialise. In other ways, I put forth my doubts on things that were clearly unbiased, and I even dared to question the decisions made for me while the outcomes turned out beyond desirable.
But it wasn't me who had it hard. It pained me to witness the pain of another who endured almost every physical challenge, from the time the diagnosis was confirmed all the way till the point where recuperation took place. It was a time where spiritual strength was needed and a mix of all other human emotions were put into place. But through it all, God led the way and He healed the weak. And through that, many broken souls were subsequently saved.
God does work in mysterious ways. We just need to give Him time.
Blessed 2011 :)
>:(
Anyways.
I'm still in good (in fact, broader) shape albeit my mild tonsillitis. The fact that I got it this late in the year as it continues on in the new year, shows just how exciting beginnings can actually be.
Hopes for 2011! :
1. Get into that university.
2. To study hard and smart.
3. Tone up, slim down!
4. Pledge organs with parents' full approval.
5. To win something.
6. Care less.
7. Attend an indie gig.
8. Find another attachment to add to my unimpressive CV?
9. To be able to run around the rugby pavilion non-stop for 15 rounds.
10. Fully understand the New Testament.
2010 did let me down in many ways, but God did not. It dawned upon me that in praying, we eventually receive one out of the three definite answers : yes, no, wait. God chose to make me wait umpteen times, while I never completely comprehended the purpose of that call and proceeded to work hastily on my tasks with head-on expectations which failed to materialise. In other ways, I put forth my doubts on things that were clearly unbiased, and I even dared to question the decisions made for me while the outcomes turned out beyond desirable.
But it wasn't me who had it hard. It pained me to witness the pain of another who endured almost every physical challenge, from the time the diagnosis was confirmed all the way till the point where recuperation took place. It was a time where spiritual strength was needed and a mix of all other human emotions were put into place. But through it all, God led the way and He healed the weak. And through that, many broken souls were subsequently saved.
God does work in mysterious ways. We just need to give Him time.
Blessed 2011 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment