Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Scent

So it has been a good week so far since the most recent Sabbath. Good, but not bad. Good, but also not great. I'm learning to take things in my stride and not let myself crumble even under the slightest pressure. Do you know just how many times I've been let down throughout this whole time? I won't give a number simply because I can't count, but I very well know that I am supposed to go through the disappointments by myself, one at a time.

Like most of my other friends in other colleges, the workload that has been given to us is a never-ending pile. As much as I find it irritating, it sort of gives me that bit of calm as with work, we'll be so caught up and hence have less time to think of unnecessary stuff like...things like that. As I'm typing this now, I'm aware of the fact that I have subject tests which are creeping up to our toes in less than a week's time. For Geography, I have about the entire AS syllabus to mug on, which means I'm more or less dead. But I do enjoy Geography! It's ironically one of my favorite subjects, since I'd never intended on picking up the subject until I got here. And c'mon, who in the right mind would choose Chem over Geo? At least the latter subject makes earthly sense :D

Speaking of sense, I'm starting to feel this sore pain in my arm and hips, as well as slight discomfort in my knees (no surprise). I just got back from an athletic event tryout which I did horribly in, I guess that explains the pulling strain that has been traveling back and forth my forearm. As for my knees, SIGH. I've been mustering the right amount of energy asking myself to not be mad for tripping UP the staircase the other day. Not only was it embarrassing, it was also reminiscent of the time when I slipped and fell in my own bathroom a year ago, and having that ominous feeling of knowing you're in for bigger trouble. I had to cry it out not just because it was painful, but because that fall meant that it would take an even longer stretch of time for my wounds to heal. Le sigh.


This is where icepacks come in handy...soothing albeit a little torturing

Ok back to writing my CV. Hopefully my next post will bring good news. Haih!

No comments: