That's life, right? You will always have to learn new things along the way, isn't that what life is about? She spoke with much passion and calming assurance, just like how a doting mother would attend to her children. It was kind - a little too alarming - but I was immediately awakened by how much that meant. How important it was to realize I am no longer the little girl who would saunter off to ride a rollercoaster at MovieWorld Australia all by myself. It was a microscopic picture that had become so enlarged, portraying the different stages of what I was before and how it all landed into this tiny X on the map of my life. Right now, I am here. My teacher was right. That is part of what life is about.
Growing up is difficult. It is that uncertain feeling you get when you do something that you fear might be unacceptable to some people. You start becoming afraid of the big bad world even though you do not seem to think so. You no longer even try being yourself for fear of being rejected by a so-called awesome bunch of friends. You become pretentious even if you hate it. You worry over your own image rather than God's.
Being away from home - even if it takes just an hour - has taught me many things. I know I'm being general, but that'd be just fine for now. For the past few weeks I have been coping with just too much. There still are some decisions that have to be made and that I'm still unsure of, but I know God has a way to solve these little problems. I feel as though for as long as I've been here (which isn't really long), I've matured more than I have in the span of the 5 years when I was in secondary school. It's not just how the system works. Well, truth be told, I still miss being spoon-fed and I wished A-Level would stress less on all these analysis. Sigh, part of the reason why being an SPM student would still rock. Again, can't believe I'm actually saying this.

Yes mom. I will clean up the mess.
Sigh. Growing up.
Growing up is difficult. It is that uncertain feeling you get when you do something that you fear might be unacceptable to some people. You start becoming afraid of the big bad world even though you do not seem to think so. You no longer even try being yourself for fear of being rejected by a so-called awesome bunch of friends. You become pretentious even if you hate it. You worry over your own image rather than God's.
Being away from home - even if it takes just an hour - has taught me many things. I know I'm being general, but that'd be just fine for now. For the past few weeks I have been coping with just too much. There still are some decisions that have to be made and that I'm still unsure of, but I know God has a way to solve these little problems. I feel as though for as long as I've been here (which isn't really long), I've matured more than I have in the span of the 5 years when I was in secondary school. It's not just how the system works. Well, truth be told, I still miss being spoon-fed and I wished A-Level would stress less on all these analysis. Sigh, part of the reason why being an SPM student would still rock. Again, can't believe I'm actually saying this.
Yes mom. I will clean up the mess.
Sigh. Growing up.
1 comment:
so you ARE pretentious?
Post a Comment