18/2/2010
Have I mentioned how much I love my new neighbours? :D There have been blasts of amazing fireworks happening almost each night since I've been home, it's sometimes great to be living in such a housing community. You look left and there's an open house party going on, you look front and you see a sumptuous Lok Lok steamboat feast happening about. Come 3 in the morning - where the crickets are still soundly asleep - you get awaken by yet another round of fireworks, you get up to watch them anyway no matter how irritated you are. You sort of feel happy for them, when they first wriggle up the dark sky with that element of surprise, each of them traveling up so quietly to eventually erupt and shower us with a mood of celebration, stirring excitement in every home.
I like what life can bring to us sometimes. Most of the time I always find myself complaining, be it to myself, via Twitter (yup, I tweet!)/Facebook and worst of all, to friends. Don't know why, but I find complaining extremely therapeutic. We all have different ways to solve one same problem. I just tend to do the other alternative which makes me feel relieved at the end of the day, although I know it probably isn't the best. On bad days I write. I usually regret writing complaints and thus opt to save those works as drafts, never publishing them for fear of misunderstanding and feuds alike. I don't know why I have since started writing in such a way that even I have come to dislike. It is that one writer's must-have-characteristic that I have perpetually failed to grasp, and I question why.
Who cares about digression, anyway. Back in Form One where we had to cook up fake ambitions, I wrote a one-page essay on why I wanted to be an author. It was such a great passion to me that I even once grabbed an exercise book with the aim of writing a mystery series. It was unbelievable - I had garnered only one reader - but the response to it was "fairly suspenseful" nevertheless. I chortled.
To every dream that ends, a new one will begin. I guess I'm experiencing that now. A more realistic one, in fact. And amidst these fireworks that surround the garish CNY atmosphere, I am filled with this longing excitement to pursue what I think I can finally believe in. London, my next destination.
No comments:
Post a Comment