It's amazing how we've grown to become. In mere weeks I will soon be off to college and once again pummeled into a vortex so strong of alienation and judgment; a circle that you're afraid to enter because there seems to be a ring of fire surrounding it. You feel like you have to get in but something will be stopping you.
I didn't think much when I was applying to this college. All that was in my mind was to get it done real quick because I had to study for my SPM trials. I didn't bother re-checking my particulars because I was so sure that this choice was not Plan A. There was just a need to apply to more than one college just in case, you know, I get rejected by my only choice of college and therefore having to wait another 3 months before I restart my application. Parents' demand. To not waste time lepak-ing!
So there. I sent in my application form, and didn't even remember I did so until I received an offer from the college itself. This happened about two weeks after I received my first offer from my first choice of college. But that would also mean that I would automatically accept the offer from my first pick, wouldn't it? I then enthusiastically grabbed a pen to fill in everything that had to be filled because I knew even if I got the offer from the second college choice, I would still without hesitation opt for the first.
The process of changing my mind took about a month or two. Somehow it didn't feel like the first choice was the best, but if I held both and compared the two colleges, both of them seemed to share its pros and cons. I hate the part when you feel utterly helpless even with so many options laid before you. My family and I never ceased to pray because I needed it. We all needed it or we'd be lost.
Now, I can safely say that I am preparing for college! It is a boarding school but it has 'college' as part of its name, so I'm equally confused. It will be about two weeks or more before I begin shifting part of my life to such a new place I've never been, even though it isn't out of the country. I'm curious to know what cheap thrills I can find outside our dorms..! And I get to save on splurging on clothes since we have to wear uniforms every schooling day. Ah, lights out are going to be such fun...you Taylor/HELP-ians better count your blessings now.
_____________

December 18! Lunch at Palate Palette -> Pavilion -> Pancakes -> KLCC with family. I absolutely loved the subtlety of my birthday do :) And how my parents had such limited acting skills to pretend they forgot about cake!

One of the presents! As well as a back-to-school gift - a cute ladybug laundry bag <3

It says there 'My name is happy'. You can call me that

Bag from ASOS!

"And you thought your Walkman earphones were clear ar!"

The discovery of the room with the best acoustics in the house finally revealed! Okay, this was my own birthday present to myself. Time spent in this room is never wasted
I didn't think much when I was applying to this college. All that was in my mind was to get it done real quick because I had to study for my SPM trials. I didn't bother re-checking my particulars because I was so sure that this choice was not Plan A. There was just a need to apply to more than one college just in case, you know, I get rejected by my only choice of college and therefore having to wait another 3 months before I restart my application. Parents' demand. To not waste time lepak-ing!
So there. I sent in my application form, and didn't even remember I did so until I received an offer from the college itself. This happened about two weeks after I received my first offer from my first choice of college. But that would also mean that I would automatically accept the offer from my first pick, wouldn't it? I then enthusiastically grabbed a pen to fill in everything that had to be filled because I knew even if I got the offer from the second college choice, I would still without hesitation opt for the first.
The process of changing my mind took about a month or two. Somehow it didn't feel like the first choice was the best, but if I held both and compared the two colleges, both of them seemed to share its pros and cons. I hate the part when you feel utterly helpless even with so many options laid before you. My family and I never ceased to pray because I needed it. We all needed it or we'd be lost.
Now, I can safely say that I am preparing for college! It is a boarding school but it has 'college' as part of its name, so I'm equally confused. It will be about two weeks or more before I begin shifting part of my life to such a new place I've never been, even though it isn't out of the country. I'm curious to know what cheap thrills I can find outside our dorms..! And I get to save on splurging on clothes since we have to wear uniforms every schooling day. Ah, lights out are going to be such fun...you Taylor/HELP-ians better count your blessings now.
_____________
December 18! Lunch at Palate Palette -> Pavilion -> Pancakes -> KLCC with family. I absolutely loved the subtlety of my birthday do :) And how my parents had such limited acting skills to pretend they forgot about cake!
One of the presents! As well as a back-to-school gift - a cute ladybug laundry bag <3
It says there 'My name is happy'. You can call me that
Bag from ASOS!
"And you thought your Walkman earphones were clear ar!"
The discovery of the room with the best acoustics in the house finally revealed! Okay, this was my own birthday present to myself. Time spent in this room is never wasted
No comments:
Post a Comment