Monday, October 26, 2009

Promises

Today I found myself balancing the weights off a shaky edge. I felt like I had to let go of something that wasn't even worth keeping and I'd thought that the time had already come, but it did not. I saw myself looking at the hands of time as seconds rolled across the frame to only see myself holding the same two weights I'd been carrying. To let go or not? Was it even my fault to begin with that I took up the challenge to embrace what I perhaps, could not accomplish? So I sat down with the most extreme of feelings - unsure and chaotic - on the decision that I had to make within mere minutes. Before I knew it a minute passed, and then an hour. But the place was where I still sat at, the air redolent of the scent of uncertainty. So blinded by the light that appeared as vague as an unfinished plot of a storyline; like thunders that unknowingly come and go even when there showed no sign of rain. I kneeled down to search and to ask of God what exactly He had in store for me. I needed that echo of voice to tell me that this was what I had to do to complete what I needed to achieve. It might all have sounded like a bunch of incongruous lines but that was how I felt then. That is how I still feel now.

No comments: