It helps, you know, when you sort of perch yourself on the other side of the road and look at things from a whole new perspective. The shifting shadows and wild jangle of keys, they now seem to etch a completely different meaning to me than they had before. Today - and because it is officially midnight - I am going to change myself for a bit. But come to think of it, I have...so subconsciously that I was left off the tracks and I still can't seem to realise it at this moment. Being a teenager is definitely harder than it seems, hands up, anyone? :) But of course, I am only saying this now that a brand new world is being formed before my very eyes, this is a dimension of life I was never once exposed to when I was still harping over snatched popsicles or running around in my rugged dungaree. We have now entered reality, and all good or bad things that are entwined so tightly have been moulded into shapes we can't even judge on nowadays. What exactly are the 'right' things to do? Similarly, how do we even know whether it is anything worth doing?
School has been school. Uneventful, mundane...typically school. Surprisingly, I didn't do that badly for mid-terms and even managed to obtain my first B in Bio. Praise God for miracles, and for those not in the know, yes, I'd never scored an A for the subject before so the image of me studying 24/7 should be wiped off by now. Focus is on trials now. And oh my gosh, I'd better do well or I would be so angry with myself.
Anyway, to ease things off a bit, I've been indulging in the cliches of chick flicks!!! I re-read A Walk to Remember which was greatly tearjerking (I don't know why but it just gets me every time) and I was silently wishing that I had been born way back in the 50's. I guess that decade fits me more suitably, is this hypothetical or what? Oh, and I'd also re-watched a chick flick with Oliver James in it! I used to confuse names between his and Jamie Oliver's (who was once my favorite celebrity chef), haha. I loved, loved, loveddddd the past.
School has been school. Uneventful, mundane...typically school. Surprisingly, I didn't do that badly for mid-terms and even managed to obtain my first B in Bio. Praise God for miracles, and for those not in the know, yes, I'd never scored an A for the subject before so the image of me studying 24/7 should be wiped off by now. Focus is on trials now. And oh my gosh, I'd better do well or I would be so angry with myself.
Anyway, to ease things off a bit, I've been indulging in the cliches of chick flicks!!! I re-read A Walk to Remember which was greatly tearjerking (I don't know why but it just gets me every time) and I was silently wishing that I had been born way back in the 50's. I guess that decade fits me more suitably, is this hypothetical or what? Oh, and I'd also re-watched a chick flick with Oliver James in it! I used to confuse names between his and Jamie Oliver's (who was once my favorite celebrity chef), haha. I loved, loved, loveddddd the past.
No comments:
Post a Comment