Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sync

Listening to :
Superhuman - Chris Brown ft. Keri Hilson

It always is of perfect timing, amazing accordance of my system to breakdown mere days before the exams. I woke up today feeling absolutely excited because it was Mothers' Day, and I'd woken up really early to just give her the first hug of the day. Afterall, I'd thought she needed it after goodness knows when I last showed her any signs of daughter affection.

But it was incredibly hot. The weather, the room, my brain, in fact. Gah, fast forward a little, and my throat started acting up to form phlegm and coarseness. I wasn't in need of a prompter to tell me that mid-terms are up in less than a week's time. So yes, as much as I usually WANT to get sick during the exams, that excuse is is nothing but a joke! :(

Because of this, I wasted the entire day resting when I know that the word rest should not be practised at this time of the month. And because of this, I was unable to give my mother a hug in fear that I might spread the illness to her. Happy Mothers' Day, Mom. The best gift from me to you is to forcibly swallow the bowl of fish congee down my throat. And to do well in my exams, despite my fever. I thank God for blessing the bond between us, and also in advance for my recovery.

No comments: