Saturday, May 16, 2009

Haste

Listening to :
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall



Got home today feeling unmoulded, in a way that I just did not know how to convey the feelings in the most distinct of manners. The past few nights were such awakenings, I now often find extreme difficulty in sleeping. And that is why I've been forcing my system to shut down before 11 just so I can give myself a few hours to lie in bed, shut my eyes and at least try to pretend that I'm already sleeping. Insomnia is unpleasant, and the stress which amounts to that is beyond aggravation. Sigh. Speaking of not being alert, someone just asked me to name the term for NaCl and I actually shrugged. Yeah, sue me because I am so failing Chem tomorrow! Haha no, I was just being super blur, and I DO know what it stands for. I'm 17, for goodness' sake. Sodium chloride, right right right?

On a lighter note, I was flipping through The Star the other day and happened to notice a full-page article on Kazuo Ishiguro! Word has it that Never Let Me Go would be made into film with Keira Knightley as the main character, Kathy. Anyone who has read the book would be completely baffled at the thought of the story coming in the form of a movie. Never Let Me Go is amazing as a piece of literature itself, but I'm just not as sure as thinking the book would make a good (and entertaining) sci-fi thriller. Yeah, it's categorized as sci-fi. Hello! Only the theme is, but the story in general is nothing much like that. Watching Keira Knightley portray herself as a cloned product would be interesting, though.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Eeeeee, sorry. But i have that book. I dont like it at all so i donated it to the school library. Haha. Sorry!

natalie said...

really??? the book was so brilliant for me.