
He was quoted as saying how after all these tumultuous years of pursuing such a serious degree in his acting career, he still hasn't won an Oscar yet. Well, hello to glorious awakening! Leonardo DiCaprio truly earned his spot in the limelight once again in Body of Lies, a movie that appeared thoroughly convincing right from the first roll of the film to the very end. To begin with, I'm not one who finds favor in thrillers, but since - as everybody else - this film had the name DiCaprio deeply imprinted onto its assured promising fame, how can one not resist the urge to finally get to watch something brand new from this guy?
I half-expected it to be an all-brainer movie, and it was indeed. The whole movie took up nearly two hours worth of action sequences, lots of fighting, DiCaprio speaking in ARABIAN, a subtle tinge of romance, agonizing torture scenes and omg, just so many different visages of the world. Seriously, I've never imagined Amman to look like that even when my dad had explained to me how the architecture appeared to be over there. That, and a contribution by a very clever plot to round the whole film with something positive to be impressed upon.
As compared to Twilight in which I rate a 6/10? Body of Lies deserves a greater amount than that; 8.5/10.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Indigo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment