Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Thank God for Everything, for Anything

Listening to :
Fire Fall Down - Hillsong United

As much as the thought of SPM appears daunting, I believe that this year which we had all just entered into will turn out a good challenge for me. I believe that God will continue pathing the way for me as He did for as long as I've existed. 2008 for me was, um, not to say "blah", but there weren't many major events that managed to garner much worry or anxiety.

It was more of a break for me as compared to 2007, which was when I had in mind that PMR was the biggest fret on earth. Form 4 came and went just like that, it's hard to even believe that this is me, finally submerging myself into the realms of being seventeen. What with SPM woes (trust me, this blog will soon be inundated by rants of the dreaded), NS anticipation, projects, homework, duties...it all sounds too tiring of the brain to handle, but I already know what I'll be in for. So I guess having expectations like these will allow us to accept reality as it is, because as a matter of factly, and, in actuality, reality does bite.

December 2008 (which was like just a day ago), however, etched a turning point in my life which I can still deeply remember. In all my life, that was the first time ever I heard God speaking to me. I felt the embrace and care of a real Father, a dad in heaven who dotes on His child as He does to everyone else. That gentleness I sensed was so full of compassion and love that I needed from Him, it really rang in me that I hadn't fully rested in Him prior to other events in my life. It was truly amazing to revel in God's presence and to keep on lingering there. I felt renewed and recharged. More importantly, I've learnt that nothing beats quiet time in order for our walk with God to strengthen in its rightful ways.

Youth camp made a really huge impact on my life. I've learnt to love the people who once offended me by forgiving them. I've learnt to put all anger and hatred behind me. I was once again reminded that it was through God's love that He sent Christ to die for our sins, so that WE will be saved. And not forgetting that I've learnt to live like Christ did.

2008 ended on a joyous note. I loved and appreciated every single minute of it, be it good times or unhappy ones. Bring on the new year now :D With God's guidance, I trust that I can go through the year's challenges with a better grip on things. I know that He'll be there to catch me if I fall.

___________________


I spent the afternoon of New Year's Eve at Tse Pei's! Together with the company of Yenn Yinn and Jia Li who lost a ton of weight (may I add that I felt as if 2008 was THE year for people to lose weight...). It's amazing how our friendship still binds us together after 4 years of scarce meet-ups, haha! I had fun catching up with you guys, and yes, my mandarin has really deteriorated to the extent that I sound typically ang moh when I speak in the language. Hmm.

___________________________

P/S : Guess what was the first thing I did once I came back from watch night service? Played Word Challenge -________- Yah, that's historically the nerdiest activity I've ever done in the first few hours of New Year's Day in my life. But I'm so happy lah...I finally set a higher score which I think is one of the best out there :D Shucks why do I sound so perasan and geeky!

P/P/S : I'll be missing MYPG in Kuantan although I would really, really want to go. It'll definitely be an experience to cherish. I guess my parents only want the best for me since school is starting and such. Maybe they're right.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ding ding! helllooo :D
there'll be lotsa chances to go for other gatherings la... so no worries!

anyway, your blog is real cool la :)

Julee (from church ya)

natalie said...

hello julee! yeah, at least this isn't the only gathering. haha. thanks for the compliment :D