These days, I perceive things a little differently from one passing day to the next. But perhaps it's because that there are no two days which are alike that I find myself constantly awake with anticipation - of what exactly? That my heart cannot answer. Today, I am alive, buckled with experiences and moments that have beautifully come my way by His grace and timely planning. I have realised what it is to stumble upon an unbeknownst plan and being pulled into it by a strange force of matching circumstances - time, place. I have come to know that God has His sovereign way of allowing things to fall into place at the right juncture in my life, and that I was able to understand that the sheer coincidence of time and place could not be attributed to the alignment of the stars in the universe more than the hand of God Himself.
With that, I met you. On a particular Sunday, having touched down from a flight and being introduced to you whilst feeling tired and looking disheveled after the trip. But our conversation was pleasant, and you exuded a warm personality although I thought nothing much of it at the time, only because I was tired and was going through a residual time of inward healing from a stubborn chapter. But with time, and with His grace, we connected soon enough and started getting to know each other. From our likes and dislikes, how you prefer your drinks cold, your knack at lame jokes, to discovering your thoughts on important things, knowing your kind heart, being comforted by your assuring words at times when I needed them, having a sense of peace whenever I'm around you. We are different yet strikingly similar in some ways, and I am grateful that we are on a journey which we can both call our own. Today, I am grateful to God for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment