It's always tempting to purchase a bag of fresh oranges which costs only a quid, and that alone could make your day a much happier one. I'm easily amused by such cheap bargains be it sinful grubs or plain dairy necessities because nothing does better than a low-priced carton of soy or an extremely affordable packet of Fox's biscuits. Hee. Student living can thrive on such exciting plateaus sometimes...
It occurred to me how much I miss this space, and writing musings on such a non-judgmental piece of template; but uni life has taken its toll on me. It's been tiresome grappling with group work issues and tolerating unmarketable behaviour from various types of people who shove all the responsibilities on your shoulders. But such is the perfect metaphore for this little thing called life - we learn from harsh truths and grow positively from not just your own weaknesses, but others' as well.
To add to the disjoint of this post, in the past month or so, I:
1. Visited Caerdydd, or Cardiff, in Wales! The city on the whole is so very pleasant; the people were friendly, the architecture inspiring (very Victorian-styled), the air soothing, and the dynamics of it all just conjured into a place I wouldn't mind studying in. Thumbs up for their fancy Welsh translations as well :p
2. Baked choux pastry a.k.a profiteroles. It was one of those short but sweet trips to London where I spent the night attempting a new baking technique that I can now officially declare I've done right :D
3. Had my first real (quasi-)Japanese meal here. It was a funny experience; beyond this picture I had an extra bowl of mixed rice which was complimentary, and the chef that gave it to me was entertainingly freaky to the point that he would let out unnecessary sounds to accompany his fiery cooking at the pans. Eating whenever he was around made us somewhat uneasy yet amused at the same time; he would frown deliberately whenever one of us stopped eating, heh.
4. Started hating every minute of my time spent in the library. It wasn't my fault, but rather the exams. Upon sitting for my very first round of uni exams I can safely say that I do miss the spacious tables that KTJ provided for us. I couldn't confine my elbows to the perimeters of the table in my uni hall if I'd wanted to write a decent paragraph. But I pulled through by His grace, and I'm moving on to this current semester with a better strategy in mind.
5. Still found myself wandering in and out of life's curiosities.
4 comments:
like! :) especially the food ..
heh thanks :) ditto yours!
I miss KTJ's exam table too. Can't people here understand that our arms are not that short? Although I'm short..... Nut nyways, glad you're having a good life! :D
i know :\\ lol short is no excuse for tiny tables. same goes to you, new york looks so AMAZING!
Post a Comment