Sunday, January 8, 2012

Follow Through

It's been a pretty eventful year, and it's been even more interesting seeing the unraveling of many other aspects of life coming to me all at once. I hope it isn't too late to wish the remaining strand of visitors here a Blessed New Year, and that whatever you work for will lead to fruitful and meaningful results. It occurred to me that I did not actually do that much reflecting like I'd always done, and it now scares me that I myself don't find that surprising anymore. But if I had to, I would sum the year up as one that was fulfilling not just experience-wise, but also in terms of perspective growth. 2011 was the year that got me into so many different wells of emotions - some of which I still can't find a way out up till now - and one that was fairly overwhelming, but not excessively dramatic, if you know what I mean. Sure, the disappointments were aplenty, the bitterness not far of - but whenever I was faced with those issues I just sensed numbness all over me. It didn't hurt as much to find out that I missed out on Warwick, and so was the case where I stupidly waited for something superficial that was never going to happen. Of course, the dying out moment is always the most dangerous; you would never know when the next "alarm" would ring you and there you would be, all caught up in that big bad cycle of self-pity and ice-cream nights, hanging on to that faint hope of getting your wishes granted.

It just never works the way you want. And I've learned from the year that life is simple. It's the add-ons that make everything so jumbled up and twisted in a sick, civilly-wrong way. Haha, what am I on about. I'm just grateful that I still have a house to call home, an awesome God and family and friends to rely on not just in needy times, but in joyful moments as well. Turning a year older was exactly what I needed; a reminder to myself that I ought to celebrate my definitive way of cherishing life's treasured gifts regardless of how the rest of the world perceives it. It may not be a year of closure, and it may take me more time to fully get rid of these anchors holding me down, but it speaks of an opportunity for me to escape them once and for all, leaving them disarrayed and forgotten.

2011 (and beyond - thus far) in the form of pictures:

Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park

World Buddy Bears on display at the entrance of Pavilion!

Where Malaysian food authenticity proves its worth

Could you put those words in a therapy-like voice? X)

Baking in London

Thanks

No comments: