Saturday, January 15, 2011

This Time

The intricacies of a situation always seem to strike me hard, whether it is something so simple that requires no particular understanding, or something else that revolves around the harsh complexities of the world today. Right now, my feet are dipped in two of these separate boxes; boxes of sand which struggle to keep myself balanced and ultimately, secure.

I am at the threshold of something new each day, and it is as if the views change so vastly when I open the curtains. Same sight, different perception. It has always been the same, but I have failed to recognize these changes up till today. It is the expectations of waiting on something, knowing very well you're anticipating a slight alteration in your life when the curtains are drawn, but hidden from the realization that as you are hiding from wanting to know the truth to these changes, they do all their magic behind your back.

So once again, I don't know what I'm here to write about, nor am I sure of the fact that my views toward Statistics are anymore inclined to "pleasant and doable". Reason behind this is purely simple; I blanked out on a few questions of both my papers last night, how typical of me. But the past is the past, and everyone else is moving on with life, so should I. But what else is there to expect, really? Well surely there is such a thing as having my dream university reply me in the next few weeks, or if not, months, and that is another whole thing for me to get concerned over.

It hasn't really been a good week. But there are at least several occasions that make it safe for me to think, 'Wow, I'm actually glad I'm in my own shoes.'


One thing I've discovered in 2010 is that macarons do not taste as good as they look. Gone are the days where Gossip Girl's catty narratives persuaded me to believe that these confectioneries are nothing but heaven in a mouth. That said, I might favour Pierre Hermé in the coming future, with the exception that my taste changes if that happens...

Same sight, different perception.

2 comments:

zhiyin said...

Macarons are yummy la! hahhaha!

natalie said...

only the chocolate ones!! the rest just taste weird..