It's strange what a nap can do to you. What was supposed to be a 30-minute nap stretched on for another 15 minutes of bonus winks, and it ultimately gave me the worst pangs of regret and guilt in the span of the day. I mean, not that I hadn't been working prior to indulging in this seemingly forbidden luxury good. I just thought, 'maybe some rest is what I need'. And so I slept, hoping to find some peace amidst this torrential downpour of never-ending stress, having to wake up with the feeling of missing something else that could've been more worth the time, such as memorising the fundamentals of Accounting.
I feel extremely groggy and sluggish at this time of the night (10:30pm), and nowadays I am even able to scare myself by looking at the mirror to see this person so drained, tired, and ultimately, incompetent.
The stress is really getting to me. My hair is showing more evident signs of frizz and curls at its ends, and I am constantly hungry. Constantly.
I promise when AS exams end, I will sleep for 12 hours straight. This would make up for all the horrible, guilt-inducing naps I'd been catching. And to make things better? I will wake up feeling awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment