God is fair, but life isn't.
It's always the case that you work extremely hard to aim for something you've been setting your eyes on the whole time, only to let that dream of yours slip past your fingers in mere seconds. Just like that. All that effort, all that running about participating in almost everything worth the contribution, late nights reading and surmising vague article conclusions, smiling even though I was feeling at my ultimate worst deep down. What did it all boil down to?
Yeah. Nothing.
It's so tiring, this whole chasing the dream thing. Hardwork will only get you to a certain extent, just not the end. I realised that the most important, or rather, notorious thing to do is to act as if you just don't give a hoot about it all and end up having the dream at the end of the day unexpectedly. Expectations. That was what I'd harboured in for as long as I can remember, even back in secondary school times. It's infuriating knowing that I've come across yet another cycle that eventually did nothing but help make my confidence in my capabilities plunge below the line. I am that depressed.
So you see, moral of the story is to never have your hopes too high. Because if you don't get what you want, you fall. Terribly. You won't even be conscious to get back up and hold your stance, because it just isn't that possible anymore. Life has its ways of making us want to end ours at times. But it's stupid. Being a dream chaser is just so stupid.
I need a closed curtain on this. It's just...sigh.
It's always the case that you work extremely hard to aim for something you've been setting your eyes on the whole time, only to let that dream of yours slip past your fingers in mere seconds. Just like that. All that effort, all that running about participating in almost everything worth the contribution, late nights reading and surmising vague article conclusions, smiling even though I was feeling at my ultimate worst deep down. What did it all boil down to?
Yeah. Nothing.
It's so tiring, this whole chasing the dream thing. Hardwork will only get you to a certain extent, just not the end. I realised that the most important, or rather, notorious thing to do is to act as if you just don't give a hoot about it all and end up having the dream at the end of the day unexpectedly. Expectations. That was what I'd harboured in for as long as I can remember, even back in secondary school times. It's infuriating knowing that I've come across yet another cycle that eventually did nothing but help make my confidence in my capabilities plunge below the line. I am that depressed.
So you see, moral of the story is to never have your hopes too high. Because if you don't get what you want, you fall. Terribly. You won't even be conscious to get back up and hold your stance, because it just isn't that possible anymore. Life has its ways of making us want to end ours at times. But it's stupid. Being a dream chaser is just so stupid.
I need a closed curtain on this. It's just...sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment