It was a dream.

Source
I was at the met steps. Sprinkles of cool, chilled wind swept past and brushed along the sides of my face, as if beckoning to bring me through a journey of winter rush. For a while I felt warmth in the midst of where I was; witnessed people trudging through the snow ground, their boots anchoring firmly onto what was about to be a messy patch of brown ice that looked just as authentic as how it should. I was in the city where cabs were yellow and people were of all sorts; Chinese, Caucasian, African, Hispanic, Latino, Korean, Japanese...people in general, who seemed very busy yet happy with their lives. I imagined myself living a day in the life of a little girl who was taking a stroll in the park with her mother. Through her eyes, I saw big, shady trees that grew in different sizes. The trees were perched elegantly onto some melted snow, and to each of them the little girl hung paper ornaments while her mother piggybacked her, smiling sweetly in the winter evening. 'My dream came true', every paper wrote. In a flash, I heard music. It came bursting forth from the speakers over at the city hall, where many a saxophonist and vocalist were present to perform little hits. I brought myself to where I relished the serenity of calm music as I stood in the way of passers-by whose aim was to escape the cold as soon as they could. In between listening, I stopped and thought to myself for a while, how great a day it was, and how I never wanted this dream to end. Technicolored neon lights, fancy street names, majestic skyscrapers, an ever-growing music industry, people who unite at the chant of three letters, and one spirit that inspires all other nations.
My heart does have space for added patriotism :)

Source
I was at the met steps. Sprinkles of cool, chilled wind swept past and brushed along the sides of my face, as if beckoning to bring me through a journey of winter rush. For a while I felt warmth in the midst of where I was; witnessed people trudging through the snow ground, their boots anchoring firmly onto what was about to be a messy patch of brown ice that looked just as authentic as how it should. I was in the city where cabs were yellow and people were of all sorts; Chinese, Caucasian, African, Hispanic, Latino, Korean, Japanese...people in general, who seemed very busy yet happy with their lives. I imagined myself living a day in the life of a little girl who was taking a stroll in the park with her mother. Through her eyes, I saw big, shady trees that grew in different sizes. The trees were perched elegantly onto some melted snow, and to each of them the little girl hung paper ornaments while her mother piggybacked her, smiling sweetly in the winter evening. 'My dream came true', every paper wrote. In a flash, I heard music. It came bursting forth from the speakers over at the city hall, where many a saxophonist and vocalist were present to perform little hits. I brought myself to where I relished the serenity of calm music as I stood in the way of passers-by whose aim was to escape the cold as soon as they could. In between listening, I stopped and thought to myself for a while, how great a day it was, and how I never wanted this dream to end. Technicolored neon lights, fancy street names, majestic skyscrapers, an ever-growing music industry, people who unite at the chant of three letters, and one spirit that inspires all other nations.
My heart does have space for added patriotism :)
2 comments:
this post does not make any sense. -_-
oh it's okay if you don't get it. as stated in my first line, i said it was a dream. dreams normally do not make complete sense :)
Post a Comment