Thursday, December 17, 2009

Growing

Currently I am back from a camp and although I would love to talk more on it, I think I shall leave that for another day. I came back with bruises all over my back and a massive headache that could amost crack my head open, but I still relished every moment I had there because I knew it was this kind of experience that could only toughen me up in every way. And I can safely say that I enjoyed the time I had there despite having not attending my one and only high school prom. It wasn't a 50-50 decision, though. The night before camp my clothes were still strewn all across my bed and I couldn't find a pair of high socks to protect my legs from being bitten by those feared leeches. I had a packing attack and suddenly all my senses were gone in the blink of an eye. I sat and thought to myself : Why not you just don't go? That thought struck me as if it knew I was being reluctant on going. I took a look at my suitcase and was planning to chuck it away. I planned on calling up Nelsen to say I was about to pull out even if it meant I wasn't going to get a refund in return. I just wanted to escape after those endless nights of studying and get a proper night's rest. Next time, next time, I told myself.

But here I am, two times darker and twenty times happier.

:)


I found this pair of high socks anyhow. Haha, looks ridiculous I know!

Things I learnt from camp :
1 Laughter is ubiquitous, even when in a jungle
2 To take criticism as advice
3 Never underestimate
4 Mandarin is powerful
5 Do not be mysophobic
6 To overprepare
7 It's not wrong being yourself

There's more but I'll stop here. It's 3 in the morning and I've just grown a year older. I will head to bed now with a prayer in my heart to thank God for the paths He's laid for me this past year.

P/S : Looks like I had a lot to say about camp afterall.

1 comment:

Sabrina Cheong said...

I wish there was a 'like' button on blogger as well. But there isn't.

I like this post a lot.

I like the way you write. So... well-written and so easily understood in such few words.