Monday, November 30, 2009

Decisions

So the love of all my hate for Biology is over. I remember answering every question in detail despite not fully understanding what they intended, but all that was running across my mind was, 'You will never, ever have to sit for such a paper again!'. And that made me sit up to do the best of my ability regardless of the past B's and C's I've been obtaining for this subject. What's important is that it is now of the past and I ought to do something else way turned toward my liking :) My list of subjects for my A-levels (but of course) has already been decided upon and I do admit I am happy for my choices. There was a time in the past month or two that I was caught in such a dilemma having to choose between History or English Literature because : if I were to pick up the former, I would be falling way behind other GCSE students who have already covered many important facts in their past schooling years (they have been exposed to the likes and depth of international/European history whilst we Malaysian students...you know). But if I were to choose the latter, however, I would be facing difficulty in areas such as critical appreciation/analysis, making the subject a really hard one to score as it is already known.

But what is student life without challenges? I thought and somehow came to a conclusion that I can explore life in many different ways through the art of literature instead of adhering to the rigidity of History. Literature to me is a form of art that revolves around the heart of all human emotions poured out into text, and thus is worth understanding despite its levels of difficulty. So, on a whim and without much qualms, I opted finally for the latter hoping and knowing that it can only expand my horizons in coming to terms with the world of art and linguistics. I think I can be prepared for it.

It is a time of decisions now. As of this moment I only have two subjects left to mug on, and thereafter I'd be bidding farewell to a ground I've become so familiar with to flying off into other borders and yonder. Time is very well a thief and a good friend. It is always accompanying but adds betrayal when you aren't looking, or when you take it for granted. And it is jealous. Because it steals you away just as you revel in the things you desire and appreciate. But right now? Time is also a sign. To remind all of us that the seasons will come and go, and that the people we've grown to admire will soon become a shade of vague, distant memory.

No comments: