Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chase

I've just finished watching the latest episode of Gossip Girl which wasn't as cringeworthy as I'd initially thought it would've been. Yeah, think the over-exaggerated 'smize-ing' Tyra Banks who always keeps her modelesque stature intact and the innocent Hilary Duff who will perpetually be recognized as shiny blonde-haired Lizzie McGuire starring in the same episode of GG. Though I would have to admit that Tyra Banks was acting as if she were in some kind of the most heartbreaking melodramatic production. Hahaha, too much for the camera!

There were parts in this episode where 'finding oneself' became a revolving topic. And while settling myself for some chic entertainment, I was actually drawn into the thought of knowing who you really are. This is a time in the year when I am just pulled along by the currents as they lead me to any shores which are just safe. Not necessarily the exact place that you really want to be in, but just a zone that is free of any other things that do not suit you, if you get what I mean.

When I entered this year, I really thought finding myself wasn't going to be an important issue. Well of course, what with all the burdens and work chucked toward each side of my shoulders, there wasn't sufficient time for me to realize why I was doing certain things that wouldn't even define me as being myself. It has been a good 16 years and 10 months of becoming the kind of person my parents had envisioned me to become - so I went ahead and surmised that everything has and will be placed at their respective boxes for a very, very long time...never to change; always permanent.

I feel as if the more I become grateful of something, the more I'm turned towards the negativity of things. As of this moment, I just wish to be able to pick myself up from where I'd left off because I cannot wait to find myself back again. The process is surely difficult and I have none of the procedures with me, but gosh, this has got to stop. I need to know who I really am. I can no longer afford to live a life that has no me in it.

So here's to searching.

No comments: