Monday, September 21, 2009

Fellow

It's ten in the morning and I just came back from the airport to send my sister off again. You know how it is when people love yet hate the airport at times? I think at this moment I completely hate it. I hugged my sister goodbye and smiled with such comfort as I saw her walk down the escalator, heading towards the counter to get her passport checked. And I stood against the railing peering down to see her walk with no qualms, I even had my dad beside me saying in relief, 'Your Che is so independent already...'. I got back to the carpark and off we went, just my parents and I again. It's very easy to feel lonely now that you've none of your siblings with you for you to bounce all your emotions and true sentiments to. I don't know why but I feel that being the youngest child has its most challenges. Ignoring the fact that the youngest in the family is always "the most spoilt one", I think it is so hard for one to take it in when she sees her siblings flying the nest one by one in just a blink of an eye. My brother has started working and on the day before he left, I just began breaking down because I knew I was going to miss him. And I would miss my sister. You could say that perhaps I'm being a little too sticky, but the fact remains that my siblings are two of the best people in the world and I would without a doubt break an arm or a leg just to have them back if anything happens. But as my mom had put it, 'Aiyah Nat, your time will come. Soon you'll be joining your Kor and Che and you all can spend your weekends together!'. I can't say that I would like where I would be going in a few years' time but I am fully sure that I will be looking forward to seeing and hearing from the both of them there. And not to forget the horrible rendition of Beyonce's Halo my brother can 'soulfully' belt. That, and I thank God for Skype :')

No comments: