Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Of Music. RIGHT Music.

You know that things are a little tougher to manage when Yiruma's songs are aired all over the players. How once you were drilled into the surreality of a vampire romance (which seemed originally spurious) tale that could just capture the very essence of the inner loving you. And how this song tenderly encapsulates the life story of the ultimate heroine who knew only how to wince. Physically, mentally, emotionally, she appears a wreck. And how do you exactly depict from the title that her soul 'flows' beneath all visages? River Flows in You, what can one deduce from such metaphoric words? You ponder upon the thought and come to a realisation that a melodious, flowy tune would just suit the self-inflicted melancholic life of the ever depressed, doubtful, and dejected Bella Swan. So there you go. Is that it? Do you ever wonder why these chords were arranged as such? Truth to be told, I did fall in love with this song, right before the whole wave of fan craze took its toll. And how this song was considered to be the 'actual' piece of Her Highness' so-called lullaby. It's all a joke to be taken seriously, I guess.

I listen to it and get something out of it. There are no, 'Oh my, what a sad melody. How it truly fits Bella's situation' or 'Isn't this Bella's Lullaby?' sentiments of such which come across a little irksome, I suppose. No longer is it being referred to Yiruma's brilliant work of piano composition, rather some loathsome 'Bella's Lullaby' banner hanging across the entire tune. Hello, how is true authenticity being projected here? How I cry for Stephenie Meyer, who even had Muse to spike up the taste of bewildered little fangirls. And I, too, cry for Yiruma. The initial brilliance of his work is just something ought to be remembered, yet not indelibly etched on the hearts of blurred fan tweens. Sighs.

Edit
GREATTT. Book III of the movie Breaking Dawn will be featuring Death Cab for Cutie in its playlist. Death Cab. DEATH CAB.

With the song, I Will Follow You Into the Dark.

Not that I'm complaining. Just a little worried. DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

P/S : I gotta get myself the ShamWOOHOO! (Ryan Higa pwns, doesn't he)

No comments: